Hawkeye's Kitchen

24/11/2023

Eeek, 1 month until Christmas! Good thing I'm about half done with my present shopping 😎

I've gone out for lunch for my lunch break to a local café/burger joint which has only been open about 2 months. I came to this café around a fortnight ago and the food was excellent. Some of the cafes I was going to review have since closed so decided to come back for more food and to give the coffee a go.

Let's review:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee flavour - 0.5
  • Price - $5.50 = 1
  • Pram friendly - 1
  • Atmosphere - 0.5
Total: 4/5



It's hard to make take away coffee look good, but they've done well. 

I got a lovely aroma when I went in for a sniff. The flavour is definitely there but could be a touch strong. Good quality coffee.

At $5.50 there is nothing to complain about price wise.

There is one step up in the front and one step down to the main seating area which would be fairly easy to navigate with a pram. There is plenty of room to get a pram to a table inside and outside. There is also a high chair available.

The biggest downside is the really loud music which pours out onto the street. When I step outside the front door at work you can hear it and there are at least 5-7 shops between the clinic and the café. The other issue was the temperature. It was a hot day and felt like no aircon was being used. I was actually a tad sweaty when I got up to leave which is unpleasant.

Overall though, Hawkeye's Kitchen is worth a look. Nice food and not ridiculously overpriced.

Our daughter has randomly dropped to one nap in the last couple of weeks which caught us a bit off guard. She started to wake up too early occasionally and would refuse her second nap (even after a long day at childcare). So we have decided to lean into it and she seems to have settled into one long middle of the day nap.

I'm starting to feel a bit more organised and have decided I will study Healthcare Documentation next year at some point. It will be all online, so I can start it whenever I feel like it (probably after my husband has resettled into Uni). I feel like at this point in my career this is the only way I will be able to diversify myself within healthcare administration and to be honest after more than 10 years as a medical receptionist you get a bit over it sometimes. Don't get me wrong I still like the work and where I work now, but sometimes I crave just a little bit more mental stimulation and sometimes more responsibility (there too lies a double edged sword when you don't want to feel responsible sometimes 😂). 

I'm not at a point where I could dedicate myself to being a 2IC or practice manager yet, and to be honest I don't really want that responsibility yet. But becoming a medical transcriptionist gives me the option to pick up some more hours outside my current work potentially and is all work from home which would be a good perk.

When I write next I will have finished all my Christmas shopping and it will be my last official café review.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog