For Change Café Bellfield

21/07/2023

Decided to take myself out for lunch after finishing work at 1pm since I have a Dr's appointment at 2:30pm, and couldn't be bothered going home yet. I'd have to go home have lunch, go to the clinic, go home for probably an hour or less and then pick our toddler up at 4pm. A big no thank you to that.

Instead I decided to hit up one of the cafes on my list, have a relaxed lunch, go to the Dr and just pick our toddler up a bit earlier.

Time for the review:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee flavour - 1
  • Price - $5.50 = 1
  • Pram Friendly - 1
  • Atmosphere - 1
Total: 5/5

Holy crap it happened! A café has actually lived up to my slightly unrealistic expectations 😂



The coffee was very well presented in a beautiful cup. In my excitement I may have forgotten to sniff before tasting, but not a big deal because the flavour is there in spades. The foam was luxuriously velvety and a great precursor to the flavourful coffee underneath.

The price is fantastic considering all proceeds go back into their youth homelessness programs. I also ordered the brekkie burger special of the day which was so delicious and only $15.50, meaning my whole bill was only $21. I'm just blown away by the reasonable pricing.

There are a few slightly more expensive items on the menu, but not really anymore expensive than other cafes. Their menu is also 100% vegetarian, with a lot of vegan options too. So again very reasonable pricing.

It is also very pram friendly. The café itself is outside of, but part of the new Bellfield Community Centre. So even though there aren't any toilet facilities in here, I know there will be in the main building because they also do MCHN infant checks there.

The atmosphere is fantastic and all the staff welcome you warmly, based on my coffee and food also extremely competent at their jobs.

I'm so blown away I will have to give them a 5 star google review. Give them a go.

Not a lot to report on the home front. We kicked our daughter out of our room last weekend and oh my goodness I wish we'd done it sooner. She has settled into her room like a champ and is sleeping even better if that's possible.

I'm toying with the idea of coming off my Zoloft for the first time in over 10 years. It's more of a question of when and how. I'll talk to my Dr about that today. No real rush, just something worth trying in the near future.

It was my first 9-5 Thursday shift yesterday with Pilates straight after work, my husbands birthday and his first Thursday dropping off and picking up the toddler. All went off without a hitch. It's good to feel settled and more like me, but the mum version of me.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog