Aisle 17

14/08/2023

I've come to a random café straight after work because it's really convenient and I realised it's been a few weeks since my last review.

I think I'll have to put a fortnightly/three weekly reminder in my phone since I keep almost forgetting. #mumbrain

As you will see I've come for lunch as well. So lots to explore in today's review.

Let's get into it:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee flavour - 1
  • Price - $6 = 0.5
  •  Pram friendly - 0.5
  • Atmosphere - 1
Total: 4/5



The coffee is well presented and not stingy on the all important choc dusting. The foam was a little thinner that I like, but not a deal breaker.

The flavour is fantastic. For a decaf it packs a good punch and not too bitter or acidic.

Definitely on the more expensive side at $6, but given the quality I could almost let that go. Almost.

There are only a couple of tables you would consider bringing a pram to. It's not ridiculously cramped, but would be awkward with a pram further in.

The atmosphere is great for a café that is in the entrance of a supermarket.

I also got myself a mushroom Za'atar wrap. Before you say it, no I don't have a death wish 😅

It's funny because I looked at all the options and was drawn to the mushroom wrap but I did umm and ah about it given what happened in Leongatha. But given the chance I do love a good mushroom dish and it had middle eastern seasoning. I love middle eastern food as well so had to try. I'm glad I did because it is delicious. They don't appear to do any "cooked" food but it's definitely worth a look for a coffee and a quick bite.

On the home front I've finished breastfeeding! At around 13 months and 1 week I stopped and our daughter hasn't complained and is still sleeping through.

I can't get over how much she is changing every day and how quickly she picks things up. I can always see when the cogs are going off in that little brain trying to figure something out.

At around 13 months she took up an interest in drawing and is already improving. I did not expect the drawing to start until at least 18+ months.

She's gotten so good at reciprocal affection. She is such a good cuddler. She can be getting on my nerves, but as soon as she gives me a cuddle it melts my heart.

As for me, I'm not coming off Zoloft until at least after accreditation the first week of September since I'll be the receptionist being interviewed for that. I'll need to go back to my GP for blood results mid October. So if things have settled we'll reassess trying then.

Things are busy as usual for my husband, but he's been keeping well at least. He's also finally taking a day off each week for the next 6 weeks to just chill and do his own thing. I'm hoping he really likes it and might consider cutting back to 4 days permanently. I keep telling him money isn't everything.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog