Darby's Café
13/10/2023
Friday the 13th for my next coffee review, how fitting. It's been a busy few weeks but, for the life me I can't remember why sometimes. Mum brain is fantastically infuriating.
I was going to do a review last weekend and then we were exceptionally busy on the Saturday and I felt overwhelmed and couldn't be bothered in the end. This review is now 3.5 weeks after the last which is definitely too long. I need to be able to vent my frustration out and just have a second to myself to think. I Have to keep it to 2-3 weeks max even outside of reviewing, especially if I'm not seeing my Psychologist regularly.
Once I've finished this list, I will do a year in review to rank the top choices. After that I'm not sure if I will keep doing this. But I will keep taking myself for coffees to journal.
My coffee is here so let's review:
- Coffee look - 1
- Coffee flavour - 1
- Coffee Price - $4 = 1
- Pram friendly - 1
- Atmosphere - 1
Total: 5/5
The café I have gone to is decidedly more of a tradie café. Having said that I am pleasantly surprised. The coffee looks good in the take away cup and I got a bit of coffee aroma after a sniff. I took my first sip and was surprised with a good burst of coffee flavour which is amazing considering how huge this take away is.
The prices aren't displayed anywhere but after doing a quick google and loot at Uber eats my bill was $17, minus $13 for the food and it comes out at a very reasonable $4.
It is pram friendly, but I probably wouldn't bring my child with me given the intended audience and it is a bit cold.
The atmosphere is fantastic for what it is and the servers were lovely. Worth a look for a take away if convenient.
The week as my last post our daughter got sick to the point she had to be brought home from childcare early with a temperature. I took her to the Dr the next day after work. The Dr took a throat swab and it turns out she had adenovirus and rhinovirus. Poor thing took about a week to get properly better.
This week all three of us have had some sort of gastro bug. Thankfully I was the worst one affected and not our daughter. Though trying to take care of your unwell child when you are unwell is tough. Needless to say much ABC kids has been watched for the last couple of days and I was very happy to get back to work today.
Big shout out to my parents for help during times of sickness. It would be tremendously more difficulty if we weren't living with part of our "village". Our daughter is definitely happy she has no shortage of on demand cuddlers.
Other than that we've been busy with work and appointments, birthday parties and catch ups. Oh and of course our trip down to Colac for the AFL weekend.
We took our daughter to the beach for the first time in Port Campbell and she loved it. We need to be more prepared with togs and swim nappies next time.
Until next time...
Comments
Post a Comment