Bunnings Preston

09/07/2023

Well it's happened again, not quite but almost a month has rolled by and this is the first time I've had a chance to get out by myself for a coffee. At Bunnings Preston no less, but beggars can most certainly not be choosers when you are a busy mum and this was convenient to errands you were already running on a Sunday morning 😅

My coffee today is a take-away so let's review:

  • Coffee look: 0.5
  • Coffee flavour: 0.5
  • Price: $4.50 = 1 ( I actually ordered a medium, will justify this further)
  • Pram friendly: 1 
  • Atmosphere: 1
Total: 3.5/5



Let's face it the look was never going to get top marks because I needed to remove the lid for that, but at least I could see they put chocolate sprinkle on top which is a must for a proper cappuccino. The cup however is very pretty and would appear to be artwork from a Bunnings team member. 

The froth was ok but nothing to write home about. Same can be said for the flavour as well. At least it definitely has some flavour.

I overheard a conversation between team members and the girls at the café today have no barista training so it's a pretty good coffee considering. Especially considering it's "fake coffee" I heard one of them say.  I could easily have been offended by that quiet comment but that would make me a hypocrite. Before this whole pregnancy and breastfeeding journey I thought the same thing.

As to the price and order choice. I must say all their pricing is very reasonable. They serve espresso, small medium, large and I think I even saw jumbo. Given I'd already had my "proper" milky coffee at home "I've been up since 6:40am because our toddler decided a sleep in is for suckers today and it's now 10:10am) and couldn't face ordering a large with even more milk.

To be honest their medium size is what most would consider large. There is only so much milk you can drink before you feel really gross.

The whole place is super pram friendly and they have play equipment for 4+ year olds.

Certainly not my go to place for coffee but good in a pinch.

Since last I blogged we not have a fully fledged toddler and all the fun and slightly infuriating things that come with that.

We've moved her out of the baby bath into the bathtub and she loves all the extra space to splash and play with her toys. She's really starting to try and say more words and wave bye bye. And oh my goodness the trying to pull herself up and testing boundaries.

Mostly she's fine, but she is definitely learning what "no" and "don't" mean. And if you need to take something off her when she's not ready you had better expect crocodile tears.

Her 1st birthday party went off without a hitch and she was awake and in such a good mood the whole time.

My husband and I are pretty good. Illness on and off and just working really.

Until next time...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog