The Foreigner

20/05/2023

Wow, it's been a couple of weeks since I've done a coffee review. But since returning to work and our baby starting to turn into a toddler I'm just getting so busy. More on that later.

Coffee review time:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee flavour - 0.5
  • Price - $5.10 = 1
  • Pram friendly - 0
  • Atmosphere - 1
Total 3.5/5



The coffee looked great when it came out. There was a bit of coffee aroma but not heaps. The froth was lovely and velvety, and just the right amount.

A half point off for the flavour. There is definitely a coffee flavour, but it's getting lost in the milk. It would be be better in a regular size, I can still tell it's nice coffee though. To their credit it is nice and hot so I don't need to rush drinking it.

The café is also unfortunately not pram friendly. The atmosphere is great though. Lovely staff and a nice cosy setting.

Definitely worth a visit for a take away if you have a pram, or a sit in if you are sans baby in pram.

So my prediction from the post before was correct. Our baby was indeed teething. But that Friday night was just the beginning.

She was okay again for a couple of days, but by the Tuesday teething started again and only got worse for pretty much the entire week. She was napping heaps, super snotty, fussy and clingy. She straight up refused to feed herself for a few days.

The first tooth finally cut through by the Friday and we got about a days relief before she started to teethe for the tooth beside it over night Saturday to Sunday.

She went to bed like normal at 8pm and then woke up. We went through this cycle of comfort feeding, pain killers and getting her to sleep on us and transferring her to her cot asleep. She finally went down for the night properly at sometime after 3am. Happy first mothers day to me!

Thankfully that day she was ok and actually went to sleep fine Sunday night. By Monday morning it had cut through. Huzzah! (I have been watching a lot of The Great on Stan recently 😂)

Yesterday was my third week back at work and I feel like I'm getting back into the groove finally. I had by no means forgotten everything, was just a bit rusty.

My husband has been sick on and off for the last couple of weeks, which has been fun...

He finally went to the Dr this week (at my insistence) and got antibiotics.

Our baby is 11 Months old on Monday this coming week. So now I'm in full 1st birthday party planning mode.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog