Pinkie

17/06/2023

Phew, I've made it to a café before a month has closed on my last post. Just. It has been a rather hectic few weeks to say the least, and our baby will be one this coming Thursday.

We've almost done it! We've almost kept a small human alive for a whole year and stayed mostly sane 😂

My coffee has just arrived, so let's review:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee flavour - 1
  • Price - $5.20 = 1
  • Pram friendly - 1
  • Atmosphere - 1
Total: 4.5/5



Very well presented coffee. As soon as I sniffed I got a good hit of coffee aroma. The froth was velvety and gave a good hint of what's to come. I took my first sip and was in heaven. This is a full bodied large decaf cappuccino. The amount of milk is perfectly paired with an excellent double shot of decaf.

If I'm being honest I should say I have made the switch back to full caff coffee about two weeks ago since our baby is almost weaned and I ran out of decaf.

But in fairness to what this blog is about and its purpose I chose decaf. I'm not the kind of person to fake out on something. I have a list, and I'll stick to it.

This decaf cap is so impressive I'll have to bring the husband and baby here for lunch sometime. The food menu also looks really good.

I've given half a mark off because the inside section is a bit squishy for a pram but the "outside" part which is actually weather proof/sheltered would be fine for it.

Added bonus, they have high chairs.

I could probably fill this book with what has happened over the nearly past month but I'll snapshot it for you.

Our baby is not really a baby anymore, she's basically a toddler. Becoming more curious and independent everyday. She charms everyone she meets and has this really specific cheesy grin Grandad (my dad) elicits from her at the drop of a hat. 

Everyone at childcare loves to hand out with her, even staff from the big kid rooms and the admin staff. She also has a reputation as being a really good eater. I don't know where she stores it because she isn't super chubby

She crawls everywhere and gets into everything 😅🤦

I'm back at work in my proper Monday & Friday hours like I never left and love it.

My husband is still sick on and off at the moment. I think I'll have to make him go back to the Dr if he doesn't improve in the next week.

Last Saturday we went for our first date out by ourselves in almost a year. We were also celebrating our first wedding anniversary early. We went and sat the matinee of Harry Potter & the Cursed Child, went to dinner where he proposed and played mini golf at Northland after.

Our baby was such a good girl for Nana and Grandad all day. Thanks Mum and Dad, we needed that! 💗

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog