Laurent (Ivanhoe)

08/04/23

Finally, I'm here! I've made it to the last café on this list and it only took three months.

The odd thing about where I'm sitting right now is that only a couple of months ago it wouldn't have been possible. I would have been in a wall or in an unoccupied shop.

Laurent closed down for renovations a couple of months ago and there was so much speculation about if they would take over the old Romano's shop. Well, we were right and I'm glad they did. It looks amazing.

My coffee just came so lets review:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee taste - 0.5
  • Pram friendly - 1
  • Price - $8.16 = -1 (officially the most expensive coffee I've bought)
  • Atmosphere - 1
Total: 2.5/5


The coffee looked fantastic when it came out. I could smell a bit of aroma when I sniffed but not a great deal. The foam was nice and not too thick, but unfortunately the coffee flavour gets lost in the milk.

I think this one has fallen into the category of 'would be best kept small'.

I'll let you in on a secret. I was half expecting this because I've already had coffee this size a couple of Christmases before with my parents. My dad and I were taken aback at the size of our bowls of coffee, and nothing has changed.

To their credit the coffee is nice and hot, but this is also a problem when your coffee bowl doesn't have a handle.

One big improvement with the expansion is they are definitely pram friendly. If I had judged them before the renovation they would have failed.

But omg the price. Without a doubt the most expensive coffee. Probably not super fair to judge on Easter Saturday as it is still technically a public holiday so the 15% surcharge probably applies. But even so, they are expensive on a normal weekday which I already knew.

The atmosphere is also nice and cosy while being spacious.

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I didn't get a chance to do my review last week. My husband had the dentist in the middle of the day on the Saturday and I needed new runners. Then it was our nephews 8th birthday party the next day. Weekends are just way too short sometimes.

A few weeks back when I reviewed Café Tre Fontane one of my colleagues spotted me and stopped for a chat. She told me she is retiring in July and could have all her hours.

Suddenly a massive weight lifted. When I do go back to work I was hoping to pick up an extra day on top of my two half days.

I organised a catch up with my boss to chat about my return to work and the possibility of an extra day. We agreed that I'd ease back into things the first week of May and in July I'll pick up a full day on Thursdays. And, I've already organised the extra day with childcare.

Little miss is doing so well with her self feeding at lunch and dinner now. She's definitely starting to wean more.

I've really gotten back into my reading and cross stitching.

There is a lot to be excited about over the next few months.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog