Fossette
28/04/2023
Slight deviation from my next list as I just had Pilates and have wanted to try this café for a long time.
Yesterday was Grandad's funeral which I spoke at. It's been a stressful and sad week for me and my family, so I've decided to take a bit of me time while our baby is in childcare.
Let's get into the coffee rating:
- Coffee look - 1
- Coffee flavour - 0.5
- Price - $5.80 = 0.5
- Pram friendly - 0.5
- Atmosphere - 1
Total: 3.5/5
The coffee looked really good when it came out. There wasn't much of a coffee aroma and my suspicions were confirmed when I got past the nice but thin foam. The coffee flavour is almost completely lost to the milk. A bit of a risk when you order a large, but one I feel should be overcome with good coffee.
On the slightly more expensive side, but not too bad. The atmosphere in here is great, with vintage and repurposed décor. It is however, cramped inside, so not good for prams. There are a few spots outside you could bring a pram to.
It looks like they do woodfired pizza and other good food, so might have to come back for food sometime.
Last weekend was spent down in Colac catching up with my in-laws, extended family and friends, and of course an obligatory trip to Timboon Ice Cream.
It was so good to see our baby have cuddles and playtime with my husbands side of the family as she doesn't get to see them often. She's changed so much since they saw her last.
We would go down more but we so busy now, and the amount I have to pack now is ridiculous. Now that she is self feeding every meal I have to pack more, not less. The packing takes ages and the unpacking when you get home takes even longer because you kind of can't be bothered.
In the lead up to the funeral yesterday I've been kept busy with housework and taking care of our baby.
The Tuesday after Grandad passed away I decided to get out of the house and take our baby for a walk. I went into a local homewares shop to look for a smaller clothes hamper for our babies dirty clothes and stumble on something I wasn't looking for but decided I had to have.
It was a cross stitch kit with a bee and honeycomb pattern.
For anyone who knows my family this just felt meant to be (or meant to bee, sorry bad joke).
For those who don't know, my Grandad had been beekeeping since he was 17. My Grandad and Uncle John formed a partnership in 1982 and Edmonds honey was born. My uncle still runs it and sells the best honey around. I might be a bit biased but I've always been hard pressed to find better honey. Just don't buy Capilano, that is all I will say on the matter.
Anyway, this morning after dropping our baby at childcare I finished my cross stitch.
This blog post is dedicated to my Grandad Murray Albert Edmonds, the most generous and loving man I knew.
Until next time...


Comments
Post a Comment