Coffee Plus
21/04/2023
I'm just tired right now. It's been a big couple of weeks and this is the first chance I've had the time and inclination to review a coffee post Easter weekend. And last weekend was just a terrible and busy blur. More on that later.
Time for my review:
- Coffee look - 1
- Coffee flavour - 0.5
- Price - $5.50 = 1
- Pram friendly - 0
- Atmosphere - 1
Total: 3.5/5
The coffee looked good when it came out, but had little aroma. The froth was creamy and silky, and just the right amount. Unfortunately the flavour is lacklustre and, I'm not sure would improve in smaller form.
It is a nice little café, but definitely not pram friendly.
On good Friday my dad, husband, baby and myself all took the trip down to Geelong to visit my Grandad.
We got down there at lunch time and of course because it was a public holiday all the food places were closed apart from big brand take away and one random bakery.
We ended up at that bakery. The only way I can think to describe it is Indian, Chinese and Western bakery fusion. I had a very spicy chow mein roll, my husband had a tandoori sandwich. I can't remember what my dad had but it was equally odd and spicy.
We went onto Nangatta House to visit Grandad. As I expected he was sleeping and would do so for most of the visit. At one point he coughed and woke up wide eyed. He saw all four of us around him but didn't know who we were. He said something along the lines of "nice baby" in regards to our child. My dad reminded him of who we all were.
A bit later I heard him say "goodo" about something and I knew that was the last time I would ever hear him say "goodo". I sat with him for a while as he slept and said my goodbye to him.
On Easter Saturday we went to my eldest sisters place for dinner and the kids all got to have a play.
The next week went back to 'normal' as I tried to keep busy catching up on housework and waiting for the inevitable news.
The next weekend saw my husband get his hair cut on the Saturday and us going to Greensborough shops to pick up pants in preparation for my return to work.
On Sunday again like usual I caught up on some housework and ran errands. That night as my husband and I watched TV we got the message from my dad. Grandad had passed away.
I've spent this last week a bit numb and trying to keep busy and not think about it too much. It has been 9 years since I've had to say goodbye to one of my grandparents and the first time as a parent myself.
It is harder than usual trying to take care of your baby when you yourself are having a hard time grieving. I'm so glad she had childcare on Monday and today to give myself a breather.
Next time I write will be post funeral, and trip down to Colac this weekend.
Until next time...

Comments
Post a Comment