Caffe Cherry Beans (Northland)

06/05/2023

Another slight deviation today as I had errands and the weather is not great. I've also gone to a café which I know does a really good decaf mocha because they use Belgian chocolate. It's definitely more expensive, but all three of us had a bit of a rough night so I felt like a treat. More on that later.

Coffee review:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee flavour - 1
  • Price - $7.60 = 1 (seems odd I know given how harsh I usually am, will explain though)
  • Pram friendly - 1
  • Atmosphere - 0.5
Total: 4.5/5




So as I alluded to before I already know this café does a good coffee.

When our baby was a newborn and we lived in Jacana (Broadie for those who don't know) I would treat myself to a decaf mocha ever week at the Caffe Cherry Beans in the Broadmeadows shops. I'd either walk there from home or drive if I had grocery shopping to do. It was such a good way to get out of the house for a few hours while walking around like a zombie.

Today's coffee is no exception, it is as always a delicious treat. They get the right balance of coffee to chocolate. They offer white, milk or dark chocolate. I always go dark.

I think it goes without saying that the coffee was well presented.

This café gets full marks for pram friendliness and right so. Both inside and "outside" in the northland walkway are spacious, and I have brought my own pram in here comfortably before.

Now as to the price. I ordered a large decaf mocha which means each of those add-ons add an extra 50c - $1 each to the price. I just looked at the menu and their normal full caff large is $5.10. So my assumption is an extra 50c - $1 for the decaf and chocolate add-ons.

When you do the actual math (after looking at the menu) it works out to be 80c for the decaf (ouch that's hefty) and $1.70 for the chocolate.

I still say it is worth it as it is the same quality of drink you would get at the likes of Max Brenner or Theobroma, but probably cheaper.

My biggest bugbear is that it can be quite loud here depending on the time of day. Not their fault being in a shopping centre though.

Bottom line, definitely worth going to.

Yesterday was my first shift back at work in 11 months. It was only 4 hours, but boy was I tired after. So of course our baby decided it was party night and was really hard to get down to sleep.

Pretty sure she was in pain from teething. She initially wen down to sleep the first time after Panadol and a feed, falling asleep during the feed. She also had to have Advil about an hour or so later. And of course as I was getting ready for bed at 10:30 she woke again and I had to give her another comfort feed back to sleep.

It has been several months since I've had to do that. But she is 10.5 months old, learning to crawl and teething. I think the mental leap forward is causing a minor hiccup at the moment.

Until next time...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog