Whispers Social Enterprise Cafe

09/03/2023

What a week it has been...

We got back from Colac at 4:30pm after leaving the parents in law's place at 11:45am. We stopped at Waurn Ponds for lunch at just before 1 and were on the road again just before 2. It should have taken us about 1.5 hours to get home from there, but we got caught up in the Avalon Airshow traffic.

My husband was driving and started to feel headachy. I was also not feeling 100% at lunchtime but didn't think much about it. By dinner time he was really sick, could barely eat and had a temperature. Not long after that I had a temperature of 40 degrees.

Turns out our daughter wasn't just teething last week, she was sick and gave it to both of us. We're both fine now, but boy we were both knocked out for a few days.

Time to review the coffee:

  • Coffee look: 0.5
  • Coffee flavour: 0
  • Price: $5.50 = 1
  • Pram friendly - 1
  • Atmosphere - 1
Total: 3.5/5


I used to volunteer at an organisation called Open House when I was a young adult, so when I found out the Ivanhoe Library has a café inside run by them I was keen to give them a go.

The café is really nice, the coffee just isn't strong enough for me unfortunately. It has a great atmosphere for young families which is great though.

I chose this café today because my daughter had her 8 month maternal child health nurse appointment in the same building.

I love what they have done with the old Ivanhoe Library site. Such a good change tot make it a library and cultural centre. It's now such a community hub.

I'm glad to report our baby is doing perfectly and charmed the MCH nurse of course. She queried her hip joints again as they both clicked, so I'll take her back tot he GP for a second opinion.

Hopefully she doesn't need another x-ray. If she does that would bring her hip imaging total up to 5 since birth.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog