Extracted
23/02/2023
I did it! I'm finally at the halfway point of this list, and today I have my little sidekick with me.
My coffee came out quick so let's dive in:
- Coffee look - 1
- Coffee flavour - 0.5
- Price - $5.50 = 1
- Atmosphere - 1
- Pram friendly - 0.5
Total: 4/5
The coffee looked promising when it was brought out but ended up being a bit disappointing for a couple of reasons. When I went to sniff it there was no discernible coffee smell so I was already primed for disappointment. I started to tuck into the froth and it just kept going and going, almost halfway down the mug. The first few spoonfuls of froth were nice, but it really shits me when cafes do this. Especially when you order a large and essentially end up with not much more than a regular with extra froth.
Anyway, the coffee flavour is definitely there when you get to it, but not nice. Not burnt or anything, just meh with an odd after taste. That is why it only got 0.5 and not full marks.
The café itself is very nice, and the man who seated me was very accommodating, but ultimately not super pram friendly. There are a couple of spots on the walkway if you don't mind full sun but that's it.
I had an SMS from my boss the other day asking me to get my CPR certification re-done before June this year. She then followed up with asking what my return to work plan is.
At this stage with out baby so well settled into childcare I could just about start tomorrow. But I'm still breastfeeding and need a little more time to express for childcare before my supply goes down too much, since it has already started to a bit.
I suggested the start of April to give myself another month. My boss said they have someone under contract until the end of May, which is fine. I'll just enjoy more me time if I get it.
Until next time...

Comments
Post a Comment