Degani Ivanhoe Plaza

02/03/23

Slight deviation from the list as I got up the hill and decided I was too tired from the last couple of days to go further.

But more on that later, my coffee has arrived:

  • Coffee look - 1
  • Coffee flavour - 1
  • Price - $5.50 = 1
  • Pram friendly - 0.5
  • Atmosphere - 1
Total: 4.5/5




As always, fantastic coffee here, but I expected as much having been an on and off regular of this Degani since it opened many years ago. The foam is always silky smooth, the coffee hot and with an excellent flavour.

My only half mark off is that it only has a few spots where you can fit a pram. This is only a problem when they are super busy, and I've always found the staff to be accommodating.

Now, back to why I'm tired...

I did CPR on Monday to start getting ready for my return to work in a few months. Expressed milk like I do everyday at the moment for childcare, and did some other running around I do when child free.

And then came Tuesday...

My baby pretty much slept all day, refused solids, was running a fever on and off all day and was super cuddly and clingy.

I had to double down on breastfeeding to make sure she was getting enough fluids at the very least. Overnight she woke me at 12:30am or there about for another feed, which at this point is abnormal for her.

All day she'd wake, be fed, check her temperature which would be up, dose her, cuddle time and then she'd pick up again when the pain meds kicked in. And then back to the start of the cycle when it wore off. This kept happening the following day, but not quite as severe.

At about 3:15pm on Wednesday, I tried to breastfeed her and she kept crying and kicking up a stink. I tried to settle her and then it dawned on me. I put my finger on her lower gum and felt something sharp! 

Her first tooth was finally erupting!

I'm glad to report since then she is back on solids and definitely more herself, which is no small mercy given she has childcare tomorrow and then we are heading to Colac to visit her Nan and Pop.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog