Airlie Café
25/03/2023
I've finally circled back to the first café on my list. It turns out they were closed while the business changed hands. They've only been open a couple of weeks or maybe a week. I knew they were back open because my dad had to take cover there during the early morning storm on Thursday.
A couple of little known facts about the Airlie site. It was always an aged care facility, that also housed disabled and/or mentally disabled (had a mental breakdown, or had schizophrenia etc and unable to live independently) people for as long as I knew. I that is all it had been, but I found out recently it had been a maternity hospital prior to that.
It was quite disappointing when Airlie Aged Care closed down as I knew the staff and some of the residents through my job at the time, and the staff did an amazing job with them. Anyway, progress or something and here we are...
Now onto the coffee review:
- Coffee look - 1
- Coffee flavour - 0.5
- Price - $6 = 0.5
- Pram friendly - 1
- Atmosphere - 1
The coffee looked great and I love the addition of a little cookie. The coffee smelt ok and the froth was nice. The coffee tastes ok, but I have a suspicion you would taste more in a regular size coffee.
I would happily bring a pram in here, not over crowded and a generally nice vibe. A little on the pricey side but definitely worth a look.
Things are going pretty well for little miss, my husband and I.
Our baby has a bit of a cough, which I think is from whatever she had the other week but not concerning.
I'm making good strides forward at Pilates each week. I even had a massage before Pilates this week and haven't fallen to pieces with pain. A few months ago when I had no core that would not have been possible.
I had my psychology appointment yesterday and she is happy with everything. I'll still have appointments, just less frequently.
My husband is so good with oud daughter and things feel like they have really clicked for us as a family in the last couple of months. Naps are still a bit unpredictable, but her day starts at 7am and finishes at 8pm with no overnight wakes. We've got bedtime routine timing down as well. Things are looking good.
Until next time...

Comments
Post a Comment