Proud Mamma
29/01/2023
Finally, I'm starting to tackle some of the cafes at the beginning of my list and almost approaching the halfway mark for this part of Ivanhoe.
If I get to the end of my list and both Airlie Café and Laurent are still closed I may have to pause this list and circle back to them later.
I'm still working out a rating system but I really want it to be out of 5 stars. I'm thinking something like this:
- Pram friendly
- Coffee flavour
- Coffee look
- Price
- Friendly staff/atmosphere
I know the last point should be something obvious and that all cafes would be good at, but it can also be subjective to ones own opinion. And let's face it this whole thing is based on my opinion.
It's a work in progress, just like me.
Anyway, this gives me a super easy way to break it down and rate.
My coffee just came so let's rate:
- Coffee flavour - 0
- Coffee look - 0
- Price - $5.20 = 1
- Pram friendly - 0.5
- Friendly staff/atmosphere - 0.5
Total: 2/5
I am super disappointed by this coffee. To me it didn't look great, I sniffed and couldn't smell much of anything. The foam was lacklustre and thin, and as I suspected there is pretty much no coffee flavour. It's basically brown coloured hot milk.
Now I know that seems harsh, but I like the taste of coffee and I can't taste any.
I've rated it as only slightly pram friendly in that you could get a pram in, but there is a step. There are some tables nicely spaced so you could comfortably have a pram at a table.
As for the atmosphere, there appears to be one lady running the whole show. And while she is nice, my order was not written down or put into a POS (point of service) so she had to come to my table and clarify my order.
Full points for the price, but honestly with how it was I'd expect that price or lower.
Last night I tried introducing our baby to chicken mince with veggies and she rejected it hard. I know it's silly but I took it hard and really personally.
I'm still breastfeeding her just over 7 months now, and of course I want the best for her. But I'm over it, in a big way. I'm so ready for her to be eating three meals a day and just have boob first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
She's still not super great at drinking water yet, so I have to remain her main source of hydration while she learns to drink from a cup.
I just want my freedom back, well some form of it and to be me again, well an altered version of that I guess. I'm not silly, I know I'll never have the same freedom I did pre-child (at least not until she's an independent adult) I just need more regular autonomy over my brain and body.
Thankfully childcare orientation starts this week and she starts two days a week the next week.
I am really lucky that she has not rejected any food until last night. So far she has tried 14 foods without rejections which is really fantastic. It may also have been the wrong texture too soon.
So we'll just have to keep trying and maybe introduce puree meat into chunky veg instead of the other way around.
Until next time...I don't rate Proud Mamma
N.B. I have gone back through my previous posts and put my new rating system into all of them at the bottom of the post. Going forward the new rating system will be integrated into all posts.

Comments
Post a Comment