Muse Ivanhoe
19/02/2023
Wow, it's been a hectic few weeks since I did this.
I was supposed to go to Extracted today but they looked way too busy and I couldn't be bothered waiting.
I'm oh so very tired as I had a really bad nights sleep. I couldn't get to sleep until sometime after 2am. I kept getting hot and cold, couldn't get comfortable and my husband kept snoring.
My coffee just got here so let's get into it:
- Coffee look - 1
- Coffee flavour - 1
- Price - $5.30 = 1
- Pram friendly - 0.5
- Atmosphere: 1
Total: 4.5/5
My coffee has a nice velvety foam and a good coffee flavour. Also, it's nice and hot so will last me a little while.
Like most cafes on Upper Heidelberg Road it would be way too hard to navigate inside with a pram, and there is a step up. I gave it half a star because there are a few tables out the front where you could have a pram. I also don't want to discount them completely since the coffee is nice.
The last few weeks have been pretty busy but good. My daughter has fit right in at childcare and has been drinking my expressed milk which is a big relief. The only issue is she isn't napping super well at childcare, but she's still happy anyway. She always needs a recovery day the day after. She'll be 8 months this week so hopefully the nap issue won't be a problem much longer.
I'm learning to let go more and let my husband have more of a go by himself for extended periods. He took care of her all afternoon yesterday and she drank the bottle he gave her. So now I'm out again to him that chance today. I'm so happy to keep expressing for that. Only 4 more months until she can drink cows milk and now I can also start trying to wean another day feed soon.
Our baby ha had periorbital cellulitis this week. Which is fancy medical for infected eyelid. It was lucky I took her to the Dr when I did. Much longer and it would have been a trip to the hospital. Just a 7 day course of oral antibiotics 3 times a day, which is almost done thank goodness. Her eye started responding the same day which is amazing.
Until next time...

Comments
Post a Comment