Caffe Strada
25/01/2023
I've been feeling trapped in an unhealthy cycle of wanting to get up earlier but constantly sleeping in because, what's the point?
Everyday is the same.
It's very lonely and isolating when you are the first (and will possibly be the only one) in your friendship group to have a baby.
Not to mention when the new parents group you were part of through a different council goes quiet it's really hard.
I did have an appointment with a maternal health nurse to check in when we moved to Ivanhoe. I asked to get connected with other mums but was told you only get funded once for a new parents group and that I had to look into playgroups. The nurse did send me information about the playgroups, but I feel it's a bit of a cop out.
Today I decided to try and change the narrative a bit and brought my baby on a coffee walk.
I have a psychology appointment later today which is good, and childcare orientation the day after. The week after that she starts childcare and our playgroup starts.
At this point I'm just kind of surviving and muddling through.
I will say my mood is nowhere near as bad. I put that down to putting daily limits on certain apps so I'm forced to be less disengaged, Thursday Pilates, watching more interesting documentaries or comedy specials (allowing myself to do so while my baby is awake, while playing with her on the flood) and my regular Sunday morning alone time. And of course writing this blog and hunting for the best decaf.
Ok, let's get back to why we're here...
I again tried to go to Airlie Café which is still closed. I then ventured on to Laurent who are now closed for renovations since the 22nd January. (I should note that I looked at number 3 Proud Mumma and decided it was too hard with a pram). So here we are at number 4 on the list. This is turning into a very higgledy higgledy journey.
So let's rate Caffe Strada - it's not pram friendly inside or out and the coffee looked okay and tasted pretty meh...
Until next time...
Edit: My rating:
- Pram friendly - 0
- Coffee flavour - 0
- Coffee look - 0.5
- Price - $5.50 = 1
- Atmosphere - 1

Comments
Post a Comment